BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39296
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : General Discussion : Reading "Wikipedia stuff" Thread

Message #222 of 317  *NEW*
To:  All
TerryPuhlParty  
Subject:  Wikipedia stuff
Date:  9/18/06, 4:45pm
Good news ... I submitted a link to the baseballgeeks.com website under the fantasy baseball section of wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org), and it is now listed there.

Bad news ...
I then submitted a short article about the website and podcast. I really enjoy listening to your podcast, and I thought it was well deserved of an entry in wikipedia. However, the entry was deleted by an administrative type on the site, as it was identified as spam. I intentionally kept the commercial references out of the article, and I really thought it was quite generic; no mention of any of Rob's many other sites (including playertrack.com), or familymanonline.com.

I really don't see how it's much different than other posts about Protrade, MLB.com's fantasy baseball show, Baseball Prospectus, Yahoo! fantasy sports, etc.

Rob or Greg, if you want the entry I submitted to wikipedia, e-mail me at TerryPuhlParty@gmail.com. I may give it another shot, but perhaps a second set of impartial eyes could see the "shameless plug" I inadvertently entered in the article.

The world must know about Bobby O'Malley! (That was his name, wasn't it??).

Reply to Msg #222
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

6792 reads

Message #223 of 317  *NEW*
To:  TerryPuhlParty
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Wikipedia stuff
Date:  9/19/06, 10:33am
Damn! Thanks for trying... yah, there will always be bias in every aspect of the Net. Just so they know, I will not link you guys here, you Wikipedia bastards!

Take that!

Reply to Msg #223
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

6405 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter